The global video streaming market size is expected to reach USD 416.84 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 21.5% from 2023 to 2030, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Prominent technological advancements like execution of blockchain technology in video streaming and the practice of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to advance quality of videos are expected to augment the growth of video streaming market over the forecast period.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- The increasing usage of videos in corporate training and the impact of video streaming on the education sector are anticipated to drive the growth of the market.
- The Over-the-Top (OTT) segment is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period. The growth is attributable to key trends in OTT, including increased demand for digital original content, hybrid monetization models, and intensive competition resulting in content fragmentation.
- The Asia Pacific regional market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for high-speed internet connectivity and Video-on-Demand (VOD) streaming.
Read 200-page market research report for more latest industry insights, “Video Streaming Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Streaming Type, By Solution, By Platform, By Service, By Revenue Model, By Deployment Type, By User, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Video Streaming Market Growth & Trends
Emerging cloud-based streaming solutions for augmenting the scope of content is directly influencing the growth of the market. This tendency is observed in various parts of North America and Asia Pacific. Moreover, other factors ascribing to the growth of the market are rapid, increase use of mobiles and tablets, digitalization and the growing popularity of online video streaming.
Prominent demand for high-speed internet connectivity, on-demand videos and the rising inclination towards original digital content are the key driving factors for the market’s growth. Video streaming has increased as a result of the growing popularity of smartphones and a variety of high-speed internet technologies including 3G, 4G and LTE. Moreover, the growing demand for devices supporting digital media is helping consumer’s access media content anywhere across the world.
The market is divided into live and non-linear video streaming based on the type of streaming. Live streaming is the term used to describe content that is shown in real time over an internet connection. Further important findings from the study point to the live video streaming category as having the largest development potential throughout the predicted period. Also, because of the growing desire for material that can be watched online but not in real-time.
The COVID-19 pandemic regulated people to confine themselves at home and stay indoors for a prolonged period. Due to these circumstances, streaming service saw an increase in viewers and engagement, leading to a greater uptake of video streaming. Platforms such as Netflix, YouTube, and Disney+ have registered a spike in the viewership worldwide.
Organizations like Hotstar and Netflix executed machine learning and AI algorithms to study user behavior and demographics. This aided organization in identifying audience interests and offering modified content references to keep them frequently engaged. Subsequently, these AI-based platforms offer viewers content satisfying their specific interests, providing them with a highly personalized experience.
Video Streaming Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global video streaming market based on streaming type, solution, platform, service, revenue model, deployment type, user, and region
Video Streaming Market – Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Live Video Streaming
- Non-Linear Video Streaming
Video Streaming Market – Solution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Internet Protocol TV
- Over-the-Top (OTT)
Video Streaming Market – Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Gaming Consoles
- Laptops & Desktops
- Smartphones & Tablets
- Smart TV
Video Streaming Market – Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Managed Services
- Training & Support
Video Streaming Market – Revenue Model Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
Video Streaming Market – Deployment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
Video Streaming Market – User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- Corporate Communications
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaborations
- Marketing & Client Engagement
- Training & Development
- Real-Time Entertainment
- Web Browsing & Advertising
- Social Networking
Video Streaming Market – Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players in the Video Streaming Market
- Akamai Technologies
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Google LLC
- Kaltura, Inc.
- Netflix, Inc.
- International Business Machine Corporation (IBM Cloud Video)
- Wowza Media Systems, LLC
- Hulu, LLC
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Live Streaming Pay-Per-View Market – The global live streaming pay-per-view market size is expected to reach USD 2.3 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 15.0% from 2020 to 2027. The rising demand for online Transactional Video-on-Demand (TVoD) propels the growth of the market. The TVoD services have notably augmented its viewers owing to the increasing number of webcasting of various sports events globally. For instance, Meerkat and Periscope are live streaming applications that host live professional boxing matches on a pay-per-view basis. The streaming app generates a significant amount of revenue from boxing events and from webcasting of events every year.
- Online Video Platform Market – The global online video platform market size is expected to reach USD 22.85 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 18.4% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing adoption of video content for advertisement and branding activities over traditional marketing campaigns across sectors/industries, such as e-commerce, healthcare, manufacturing, and real estate, is driving the market. For instance, sellers on e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Zappos.com use product videos on their portals to provide customers a 360-degree view of products and help them choose the best match. The increased expenditure on online video advertisements is acting as a major factor driving the growth of the market. For instance, in 2019, SAMSUNG Electronics spent around USD 2.41 billion majorly on an online video campaign to promote its Galaxy series smartphones in the U.S.
- Enterprise Streaming Media Market – The global enterprise streaming media market size is expected to reach USD 57.57 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 17.8% from 2018 to 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in internet penetration has enabled multi-national companies (MNCs) to adopt streaming media solutions as an effective alternative tool for conducting meetings, conferences, product presentations, client interactions, and other corporate communication. Thus, facilitating content delivery with a customized and interactive approach.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Digital Media Industry Research Reports.