Leading payments company, Wirex, in partnership with The Fintech Times, has revealed its 2020 ‘Rising Women in Crypto Power List’. After receiving 367 entries, the esteemed judging panel have chosen the 10 most inspirational women at the forefront of the crypto industry.
The ‘Power List’ was created as part of Wirex’s inaugural ‘Women in Crypto’ campaign, endeavouring to showcase the achievements of women in the field and inspire others to get involved. After the longlist was published last month, the judges narrowed it down based on nominees’ achievements, potential, leadership skills, ambition, influence and innovation in the crypto field. The winners come from a variety of backgrounds and include women working in events, research and content creation.
Wirex and The Fintech Times’ 2020 ‘Rising Women in Crypto Power List’ is (in no particular order):
- Noelle Acheson, Director of Research, CoinDesk
- Professor Tonya M. Evans, Professor, Penn State Dickinson Law
- Lucy Gazmararian, Associate Director, PWC Crypto & Fintech Advisory
- Susan Crew, Content Creator, “Crypto Granny”
- Simone Maini, Chief Executive Officer, Elliptic
- Inbal Polak, Director of Fund for Digital Assets, YRD Capital
- Elizabeth Kukka, Executive Director, Ethereum Classic Labs
- Sofie Blakstad, CEO, hiveonline
- Christina Lomazzo, Blockchain Lead, UNICEF
- Lenka Hudáková, Events Manager, Maker Foundation
The announcement comes during the final phase of the campaign, with a ‘Women in Crypto’ takeover of the Wirex channels taking place from the 26th October until the 8th November. This will feature content from women working at Wirex, as well as female influencers in the crypto and fintech fields. Contributors include: Ashley Koh, COO at Spark Systems, about what she’s learnt as a woman in fintech; George Coxon, COO at the Nano Foundation, with three things you didn’t know about Nano; and Erica Stanford, Founder of the Crypto Curry Club, with top tips for surviving networking events.
Wirex CEO and Co-Founder – and ‘Power List’ judge – Pavel Matveev, said: “We’ve been overwhelmed by the positive response we’ve received so far, and we’re delighted to finally reveal the ‘Power List’ top 10.”
The platform’s aim has always been to empower everyone to have access to cryptocurrency, leading Matveev to explain that “with so many inspirational women nominated, it was a difficult decision. But I’m confident that those picked represent the incredible talent of females in this field and I hope they inspire other women to be a part of this rapidly developing sector.”