The global baby powder market size is expected to reach USD 1.69 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Asian countries are witnessing stable demand for baby care products. Countries, such as India, Cambodia, and Malaysia have high birth rates. Also, a rise in the number of pregnancies during the lockdown has increased the demand for baby care products in the region.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- On the basis of product, the global market has been categorized into talc-based and talc-free
- The talc-free segment held the largest revenue shaLatest Newsxre in 2020 due to the high demand for the cornstarch-based products
- The offline distribution channel segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2020
- This growth can be credited to the availability of a wide range of personal care products, such as cosmetics and foods, under a single retail store
- In 2020, Asia Pacific was the leading regional market owing to the increased per capita expenditure on baby care products, such as diapers and baby food
Read 80 page market research report, “Baby Powder Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Talc-based, Talc-free), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Region (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
The rising demand for e-commerce channels is shifting consumer preference towards the purchase of personal care products. E-commerce channels allow price-sensitive consumers to compare prices online and find the ideal deal. For instance, during the pandemic, in India, MyGlamm Brand launched 80 products under the baby chakra brand.
The growing popularity of e-commerce channels has shifted the market dynamics across several regions. Several manufacturers are utilizing these channels to advertise their products. The capability to choose from a wide range of products coupled with attractive discounts has encouraged a number of consumers to shop online. In addition, companies are entering into partnerships with high-end luxury retailers to sell their products across various markets outside their base country.
The pandemic has impacted product demand. A rise in housing prices and increasing female employment rates are affecting the birth rates across several regions. The fertility rates have been falling in developed regions, such as North America and Europe. For instance, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) in the U.S. fell from 2.1 to 1.6 from the year 2007 to 2020.
Grand View Research has segmented the global baby powder market based on product, distribution channel, and region:
- Baby Powder Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Baby Powder Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Baby Powder Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
List of Key Players of Baby Powder Market
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Pigeon Corp.
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare
- Amishi Consumer Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- Artsana USA, Inc.
- Green Team Distribution
- The Clorox Company
- Himalaya Wellness Company
Check out more studies related to baby care, published by Grand View Research:
- Baby Personal Care Market – The global baby personal care market size was valued at USD 5.67 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% from 2020 to 2027. The market is anticipated to register a healthy growth rate owing to rising concerns over baby health, increasing awareness among consumers regarding the personal hygiene of babies, and the growth of the organized retail sector.
- Baby Care Products Market – The global baby care products market size was valued at USD 18.17 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% from 2021 to 2028. The market has been witnessing rapid growth as consumer preferences are shifting towards high-quality, utility-driven, and premium baby products.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Beauty & Personal Care Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports