The global baby products market is expected to reach USD 352.65 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global market has been experiencing rapid growth as consumer preferences are ever-changing and diverting towards utility-driven, superior quality, and premium baby products. Additionally, there has an been increase in demand for vegan, paraben, gluten, and synthetic-free products owing to rising levels of awareness associated with the harmful effects of synthetic products.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- Asia Pacific is expected to contribute a majority of the share to become the largest division in the global revenue in 2021. Changing lifestyle owing to rising standards of living is the primary factor that is expected to propel the market in the region. Furthermore, consumer awareness regarding nutritional diet for babies and the importance of safety & convenience products is likely to boost the regional sales.
- The baby cosmetics & toiletries segment is projected to register the fastest growth during the forecast period with a CAGR of 6.1% from 2022 to 2030. Along with offering benefits such as refreshed skin and instant hydration, these products are hassle-free and easy to use. They provide quick solutions for fighting off issues related to infections, dryness, and diaper rashes. A large number of informed parents are opting for products that contain anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antioxidants properties that are beneficial to the skin driving the growth of the segment.
- The baby food segment contributed the largest share of all and is poised to grow significantly over the years to come. Non-lactation problems which may lead to undernutrition of babies can be solved by professionally made food for babies that ultimately fulfills the baby’s nutrition requirement. Additionally, the frozen baby food segment is likely to observe new growth opportunities owing to the growing adoption of it by working mothers.
Read full market research report, “Baby Products Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Baby Cosmetics & Toiletries, Baby Food, Baby Safety & Convenience), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Baby Products Market Growth & Trends
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the supply chains and influenced consumer shopping patterns. According to the annual report published Kimberly-Clark (KCWW) witnessed an increase in the sales of its baby and child care products in 2020. Whereas, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., the baby care segment reported a decline of 9.4% in 2020, in comparison to 2019. The company cited the decline owing to various factors such as COVID-19, SKU rationalization, and other factors.
An increasing number of parents are seeking hygienic and moisture-based products, such as creams and wipes, to avoid skin infections and treat diaper rashes. Moreover, parents are seen to be spending more on child care than ever before, especially after the pandemic. For instance, according to the Move.org figures reported in April 2021, parents in the District of Columbia are spending 26.3% of their income on infant care, followed by 24.4% in Massachusetts, 21.9% in Indiana, and 21.3% in New York as of March 2021. In another instance, a CNBC LLC article published in January 2020, American parents with children under the age of five spend over USD 42 billion on early child care and education.
The baby safety & convenience segment is projected to grow substantially during the forecast years. A rise in the number of car accidents has been driving the demand for baby car seats that are also fitted with unique features. This feature involves car seats such as anti-rebound bars to keep the seats steady in case of collision and a foam layer with energy absorption. An increasing number of internet users, a fast-paced lifestyle, and the penetration of e-commerce platforms are projected to boost the online distribution of these products. Detailed product description, product comparison features, product ratings & reviews, and easy exchange and refund options further augment sales of baby care products via this channel.
The market is consolidated in nature with the presence of a large number of international players and a few regional players. Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Britax, Chicco, Dorel Industries, Beiersdorf AG, Fujian Hengan Group, Nestlé S.A. are among the prominent players in the global market.
Baby Products Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global baby products market based on product and region
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Baby Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Baby Skin Care Products
- Bath Product
- Baby Hair Care Products
- Other Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Baby Food
- Baby Milk Products
- Frozen Baby Food
- Baby Juice
- Baby Food Snacks
- Baby Food Cereals
- Baby Safety & Convenience
- Baby Strollers
- Baby Car Seats
- Baby Skin Care Products
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List Of Key Players in the Baby Products Market
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Procter & Gamble
- Dorel Industries
- Beiersdorf AG
- Fujian Hengan Group
- Nestlé S.A.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Baby Apparel Market – The global baby apparel market size is expected to reach USD 198.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period. Rising awareness regarding convenience, safety, and comfort of infants and toddlers is expected to be the key factor driving the market across the globe. Moreover, increasing parents’ focus on the kid’s fashion and stylish wear is expected to expand the market scope over the next few years.
- Baby Car Seat Market – The global baby car seat market size is expected to reach USD 10.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period. Growing awareness regarding child safety, along with the implementation of numerous government regulations in countries including France, Germany, and U.S., is driving the market. For instance, in U.S., there are laws stated by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety for 50 states, which need to be followed for child safety.
- Baby Carrier Market – The global baby carrier market size is expected to reach USD 23.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period. Growing demand for baby carriers on account of increasing popularity of functional carries that provide user-friendly experience to parents is expected to remain a key market trend. Factors such as durability, comfortability and price affordability are further driving the product demand. Moreover, use of this product is increasing in the urban areas, wherein the number of working class parents and their economic independency are growing.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Clothing, Footwear & Accessories Industry Research Reports.