The global in situ hybridization market size is expected to reach USD 2.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2021 to 2028. The growing popularity of in-vitro diagnostics over conventional disease diagnostic methods has majorly driven the ISH market over the past years.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- The FISH segment accounted for the highest revenue share in 2020 owing to the technological advancements with respect to automation for 3D evaluation of the chromosomes
- The DNA probes segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period owing to increasing DNA-based studies for better disease understanding
- The RNA probes segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period attributed to the increasing investment flow for RNA-based diagnostics
- The instruments segment dominated the market due to their high cost as well as usage rate
- The services segment is expected to witness a substantial CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing outsourcing research and development process
- The cytogenetics segment showcased a notable CAGR during the forecast period due to the wide acceptance of molecular genetics to study disease at the chromosomal level
- The hospitals and diagnostics laboratories segment dominated the market in 2020 owing to the increasing demand for rapid and accurate diagnostic techniques
- North America has emerged as the highest revenue-generating region in 2020 attributed to the confluence of several factors including high prevalence of cancer, presence of key players, and well-established healthcare infrastructure
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period anticipated to the region that China and India are contributing majorly to the regional ISH’s growth in the region through their constantly expanding healthcare sector
- Key players are undertaking various strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions to maintain their presence in the market
- In August 2020, Bio-Techne Corporation and Leica Biosystems collaborated for the automation of RNA scope COVID-19 probes on Bond RX for research purposes
Read 117-page market research report, “In Situ Hybridization Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Technology (FISH, CISH), By Probe Type (DNA, RNA), By Product, By Application, By End-user (CROs), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, published by Grand View Research.
In Situ Hybridization Market Growth & Trends
The market is gaining momentum in breast cancer with the FISH test. For instance, Roche offers a comprehensive ISH workflow solution with automated assay and digital pathology for breast cancer. Thus, increasing the scope of application is expected to drive the market to a major extend. In addition, technological advancements in instruments have fueled the market growth.
The COVID-19 is found to have a mixed impact on the market space. Social distancing mandates and lockdown policies have negatively affected the market to a considerable extent. However, the pandemic has opened new opportunities for operating entities by allowing them to deploy ISH methods in the R&D of COVID-19 related programs.
The leading institutions and market competitors are now focusing on designing fluorescence in situ hybridization probes to visualize COVID-19 RNA in the infected cells. FISH has proven to offer relevant information on the virus at a cost-effective method.
In Situ Hybridization Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global in situ hybridization market based on technology type, probe, product, application, end-use, and region:
In Situ Hybridization Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Chromogenic In Situ Hybridization (CISH)
In Situ Hybridization Probe Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
In Situ Hybridization Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Kits and Probes
In Situ Hybridization Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Developmental Biology
- Infectious Diseases
In Situ Hybridization End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic & Research Institutions
In Situ Hybridization Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of In Situ Hybridization Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH
- BIO VIEW
- Agilent Technologies
- Merck KGaA
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc.
- Oxford Gene Technology
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- RNA Analysis Market – The global RNA analysis market size is anticipated to reach USD 25.48 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 13.44% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancements in this market can be attributed to the increasing applications of transcriptome sequencing into life science for capturing polyadenylated RNA. For instance, in July 2021, a Lithuanian team is developing a droplet-based technique for simultaneous mRNA and microRNA capture and sequencing in a single cell. The research is backed by European Union with USD 174,000 Horizon 2020 research grant.
- Gene Synthesis Market – The global gene synthesis market size is expected to reach USD 5.58 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 18.1% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Gene synthesis space is offering enormous potential for new biological functionality. This has resulted in the introduction of supportive government policies associated with synthetic biology, thereby driving the market.
- miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market – The global miRNA sequencing and assay market size is expected to reach USD 597.8 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2021 to 2028. Prominent players, such as Illumina, PerkinElmer, Qiagen, and others offer advanced miRNA sequencing products for multiple clinical applications. Moreover, these companies have collaborated with research institutes to expand the application of miRNA sequencing and assay in research studies.