The global maternity innerwear market size is anticipated to reach USD 9.23 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2020 to 2027. The rising demand for nursing-friendly innerwear is a key factor favoring market growth. At a macro-level, rising disposable incomes and increasing demand for comfortable maternity wear continue to drive product sales across various distribution platforms.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of type, the maternity briefs segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019
- North America is estimated to be the largest regional market over the forecast years. However, Asia Pacific is estimated to record the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027
- Product innovation emerged as the key strategy deployed by the majority of market players to obtain a higher market share
Read 80 page research report with ToC on “Maternity Innerwear Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Maternity Briefs, Maternity/Nursing Bras), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Region (North America, Asia Pacific), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027″ at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/maternity-innerwear-market
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected product sales worldwide on account of severe supply chain disruptions. However, online sales continue to favor market growth with numerous brands marketing their products on e-commerce websites. Specialist retailers operating in the market face intense competition from online/e-commerce retailers. The high costs associated with maintaining physical stores also limits their ability to compete with e-commerce retailers.
The maternity briefs product type segment led the global market in 2019 and is estimated to retain its position during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth rate from 2020 to 2027 owing to increasing global fashion exposure in emerging countries such as China and India. Prominent brands are focusing on offering innovative product designs that feature skin-friendly/breathable fabrics.
In India, a slew of domestic brands has been putting pressure on international brands, which will support the regional market. The market is largely fragmented with both international and domestic manufacturers sharing the market space. Market participants focus on new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, and product innovation as their key strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Grand View Research has segmented the global maternity innerwear market on the basis of type, distribution channel, and region:
- Maternity Innerwear Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Maternity/Nursing Bras
- Maternity Briefs
- Maternity Innerwear Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Maternity Innerwear Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
List of Key Players of Maternity Innerwear Market
- Triumph International
- Hotmilk Lingerie
- Adore Me, Inc. (Belabumbum)
- Fresh Venturz LLP
Find more research reports on Clothing, Footwear & Accessories Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Maternity Wear Market – The global maternity wear market size was valued at USD 18.3 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2019 to 2025.
- Shapewear Market – The global shapewear market size was estimated at USD 2.26 billion in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2019 to 2025.
- Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market – The global waterproof breathable textiles market size was estimated at USD 1.7 billion in 2019 and is expected to register a revenue-based CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period.