OPAP S.A. announces that the Company’s Board of Directors, during the meeting that was held on 17.12.2020, and following the Remuneration & Nomination Committee’s proposal, decided upon the election and appointment of Jan Karas as a new executive member of the Company’s Board of Directors and CEO with effective date 01.01.2021.
Accordingly, the BoD reconstituted into body with effective date 01.01.2021 and for the remaining of its term as follows:
- Kamil Ziegler, Chairman of the BoD, Executive Member
- Jan Karas, CEO, Executive Member
- Spyros Fokas, A’ Vice-Chairman, Non-Executive Member
- Pavel Saroch, B’ Vice-Chairman, Non-Executive Member
- Pavel Mucha, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Member
- Robert Chvátal, Non-Executive Member
- Katarina Kohlmayer, Non-Executive Member
- Christos Kopelouzos, Non-Executive Member
- Stylianos Kostopoulos, Non-Executive Member
- Nikolaos Iatrou, Independent Non-Executive Member
- Igor Rusek, Independent Non-Executive Member
- Rudolf Jurcik, Independent Non-Executive Member
- Dimitrakis Potamitis, Independent Non-Executive Member
Kamil Ziegler, Executive Chairman of OPAP, commented: “On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to congratulate Jan Karas for assuming the CEO role. During the past period, Jan had been serving as OPAP’s Acting CEO, contributing significantly to the company’s business initiatives and response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of the relevant restrictive measures.
We are looking forward to continue working with him, in his new capacity, in order to implement OPAP’s strategic objectives and address the challenges related to the recovery from the pandemic crisis and I am confident that with the support of all of us, Jan and OPAP’s highly qualified top management team together with all our esteemed colleagues will continue delivering long-term value for the company’s shareholders, people, partners and all other stakeholders”.