With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists and consumers stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a recap of some major stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- ADP National Employment Report: Private Sector Employment Increased by 106,000 Jobs in January; Annual Pay was Up 7.3%
“In January, we saw the impact of weather-related disruptions on employment during our reference week,” said Nela Richardson, chief economist, ADP. “Hiring was stronger during other weeks of the month, in line with the strength we saw late last year.”
- Diner Reviews are in: OpenTable Announces the 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America Ahead of Valentine’s Day
John Tsou, VP of Marketing for OpenTable, said, “Data from our Q1 Diners Survey3 also revealed that US diners are looking to splurge for the holiday: over one-third plan to spend more money on Valentine’s Day dining this year, compared to years past.”
- GM and Lithium Americas to Develop U.S.-Sourced Lithium Production through $650 Million Equity Investment and Supply Agreement
Under the agreement, GM will make a $650 million equity investment in Lithium Americas, which represents the largest-ever investment by an automaker to produce battery raw materials. Lithium Americas estimates the lithium extracted and processed from the project can support production of up to 1 million EVs per year.
- Meghan Trainor to Release Her First Book, Dear Future Mama, with Harper Horizon on April 25, 2023
Dear Future Mama is a heartfelt and humorous guide for expectant mamas and their partners inspired by Meghan’s own journey into motherhood. The book also offers expert insights from Meghan’s own personal trainer, registered dietitian, husband, and ob-gyn.
- Cision Announces Cali Tran as New CEO
“Cision is in a unique position to bring a holistic, omni-media view of market intelligence to the most progressive market leaders across all essential global industries,” added Tran.
- Drizly & Gopuff Join Forces For On-Demand Alcohol Delivery
Gopuff Liquor & More, BevMo!, and Liquor Barn stores are now available on Drizly’s marketplace in 26 states, including Florida, Texas, New York, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina and more.
- Universal Pictures Announces the “Fast X Trailer Takeover”
On Thursday evening, February 9, at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles, host Maria Menounos will welcome the stars of Fast X, including Fast star and producer Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang and more. Doors open at 5 p.m. pacific.
- Celebrities Confess Their Hotel Habits in New Digital Content Series from Hotels.com In Perfect 10, a new short-form web series from Hotels.com premiering today, podcaster and actress Busy Philipps, actor and skateboarder Evan Mock, and Top Chef alum and restaurateur Kwame Onwuachi reveal their 10 most interesting and intimate hotel stories.
- Gap Collaborates with The Brooklyn Circus on a Capsule Celebrating the Spirit of Individuality and Culture
Merging The Brooklyn Circus’ take on fashion throughout American history with Gap icons that have defined style standards and dressed generations since 1969, the new collection explores the concepts of individuality, movement and modern prep – blending academia, music and Black culture and street style from the 1960s through today.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers, and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Users can create customized newsfeeds that will deliver relevant news right to their inbox. Newsfeed results can be targeted by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include in a journalist or blogger’s next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Journalists will have access to ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in their articles.
- Related Resources: Our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, features regular media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.