Deakin University and the Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad (IIT-H) have announced a joint doctoral programme (JDP) in 2021. A total of 10 seats are open for July 2021 batch. Interested candidates can apply through the website – https://iith.ac.in/iar/IITH-Deakin/. The last date of application is 30 April 2020.
The programme will be offered in a wide range of subjects/disciplines, including (but not limited to) Materials and Smart Manufacturing; Affordable Healthcare; Food, Environment, and Agriculture; Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science; Cyber-Physical Systems; Infrastructure and Energy. This association is aimed at developing successful academic and research collaborations in the areas of common interest and complementary capabilities. It seeks to harness the synergy at both institutions to propel excellent research.
The salient features of the joint doctoral program are:
1. Candidates with B.Tech/M.Tech degrees are eligible to apply for the JDP provided they meet the necessary entry requirements. The selection will be made through a joint interview process. Upon selection into the JDP Program, the candidates will be jointly supervised from day one by supervisors from both IIT-H and Deakin.
2. Successful candidate(s) will spend between 3-12 months at Deakin depending upon the research requirements.
3. IIT-H will provide the regular PhD fellowship to the students during their stay at IIT-H and when the students travel to Deakin, they will get a stipend at the rate of $A28,600 per annum for the duration of their stay at Deakin. In addition to the above, Deakin will provide a full tuition fee waiver for up to 4 years and a top-up stipend of $A150 per month for 3 years while they are at IIT-H.
4. Each candidate will be assigned a Supervisory Team at Deakin and Doctoral Committee at IIT-H.
5. Upon successfully completing a PhD, he/she will be conferred a PhD by both the institutes with two separate certificates, noting that the doctoral award is conferred under the JDP HDR (Higher Degree by Research) program between the institutes.
The students can obtain further details from the website – https://iith.ac.in/iar/IITH-Deakin/