The global online video platform market size is expected to reach USD 22.85 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 18.4% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing adoption of video content for advertisement and branding activities over traditional marketing campaigns across sectors/industries, such as e-commerce, healthcare, manufacturing, and real estate, is driving the market. For instance, sellers on e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Zappos.com use product videos on their portals to provide customers a 360-degree view of products and help them choose the best match. The increased expenditure on online video advertisements is acting as a major factor driving the growth of the market. For instance, in 2019, SAMSUNG Electronics spent around USD 2.41 billion majorly on an online video campaign to promote its Galaxy series smartphones in the U.S.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The media and entertainment end-user sector is expected to exhibit significant growth during the forecast period owing to an increase in the demand for live video streaming and Video on Demand (VoD) content
- The Asia Pacific regional market is projected to substantial to record the highest CAGR of nearly 19% during the forecast period
- The key players in the market are Akamai Technologies Inc.; Brightcove Inc.; Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC.; Endavo Media.; Frame.io Inc.; Kaltura, Inc.; Limelight Networks; Longtail Ad Solutions, Inc.; MediaMelon Inc.; Ooyala (Telstra); Panopto; SpotX, Inc.; and Wistia Inc.
Read 200 page market research report, “Online Video Platform Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component, Type (Video Processing, Video Analytics, Video Management), Streaming Type, End Users, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028”, by Grand View Research
The rising participation of the global population in online video streaming activities has been recognized as a significant factor driving the global market growth. Live video streaming is gradually becoming an essential advertisement model for various brands. One of the biggest gainers of this business model is live sports streaming channels. The rising number of sporting events globally and a continuously increasing number of subscribers make online video platforms a lucrative investment opportunity for the media and entertainment industry. Furthermore, the advent of the 5G telecom network is enabling viewers to stream HD video content seamlessly. In addition, The e-learning business has become one of the leading beneficiaries of the live streaming video platform due to the increasing adoption of e-learning in corporate and academic setups coupled with the increased number of mobile learning applications containing analytics that helps track the progress of students.
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus has led to lockdowns across several regions, resulting in a significant rise in the consumption of online video content as people look at indoor entertainment options to pass their idle time. The lockdowns have also resulted in several governments mandating schools and colleges to conduct online classes. The pandemic has played a significant role in increasing the overall share of the education segment in the market. The rise in online classes has resulted in an overall rise in the revenue of many e-learning platforms. Platforms such as KopyKitab, Unacademy, Vedantu, and Byju’s, have witnessed revenue growth in the range of 60% to 200% on a week-on-week basis during the pandemic.
Grand View Research has segmented the global online video platform market based on component, type, streaming type, end-user, and region:
- Online Video Platform Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Online Video Platform Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Video Processing
- Video Management
- Video Distribution
- Video Analytics
- Online Video Platform Streaming Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Live Streaming
- Video on Demand
- Online Video Platform End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- Media & Entertainment
- IT and Telecom
- Online Video Platform Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- North America
List of Key Players of Online Video Platform Market
- Akamai Technologies
- Brightcove Inc.
- Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC
- Endavo Media.
- Frame.io, Inc.
- Kaltura, Inc.
- Limelight Networks
- Longtail Ad Solutions, Inc.(JW Player)
- Ooyala (Telstra)
- MediaMelon Inc.
- SpotX, Inc.
- Wistia Inc.
Check out more studies related to online media and platforms, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Online Media Market – The global online media market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period, driven by the proliferation of internet users and the high adoption rate of smartphones and portable devices. Shift from print media to online advertising coupled with technological advancements is expected to boost online media market growth.
- Video As A Service Market – The global video as a service market size was valued at USD 2.13 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39.7% from 2021 to 2028. Owing to the high growth potential, several new players are entering this market with solutions similar to the existing ones.
- Enterprise Streaming Media Market – The global enterprise streaming media market size was valued at USD 15.85 billion in 2017. It is likely to expand at a CAGR of 17.8% from 2018 to 2025. Geographical expansion of enterprises, spiraling demand for video streaming, and increasing internet penetration have been providing a thrust to the market.