The global paint protection film market size is projected to reach USD 497.4 million by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2022 to 2030. Increasing consumer awareness about vehicle paint protection against stone chipping, bug splatters, and abrasions is expected to trigger the demand for Paint Protection Films (PPFs). On the other hand, ceramic coating technologies are likely to be used as a substitute for these films on account of their superior performance against abrasions and scratches, thus impacting the growth of the market. In addition, frequent discrepancies in raw material pricing as well as declining automotive production in several economies, such as the U.S., Korea, and Japan, are predicted to act as a restraining factor for the market players. However, the rapid growth of other end-use application sectors, such as aerospace and deference and electrical and electronics, is anticipated to provide new opportunities to them.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- In 2021, the automotive and transportation segment emerged as the largest application segment and accounted for over 72.0% of the global revenue share, in which a majority of the product demand is attained from the passenger cars segment due to its superior color protection characteristics
- The aerospace and defense application segment is poised to register the fastest CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing investments in the aircraft and defense sectors in China, U.S., and India
- In 2021, the electrical and electronics application segment accounted for 4.4% of the overall market volume. This share resulted majorly from the demand for electronic gadgets, such as mobiles, laptops, tablets, and phablets, in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Central and South America
- In 2021, Asia Pacific was the leading regional market, in terms of volume as well as revenue, due to high product demand. The regional market will expand further at the fastest CAGR of 7.6% from 2022 to 2030 mainly due to a significant rise in automotive sales in emerging economies, such as China, India, Vietnam, Thailand, and South Korea
- IVIOS introduced Kaizer Paint Protection Film, a top-quality paint protection film that offers excellent paint protection as well as ground-breaking high durability. IVIOS is a top-quality film brand founded in 2021 by experts with greater film technology effects of nano and nano-coating, as well as long-standing film know-how. IVIOS Coating and Material Science Laboratory, which specializes in designing and developing automotive films, develops and markets long-lasting automotive films
Request a free sample copy or view the report summary, “Paint Protection Film Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Aerospace & Defense, Automotive & Transportation), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Central & South America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Paint Protection Film Market Growth & Trends
The market is highly competitive on account of the easy availability of raw materials and the strong presence of several key players with sufficient production capacities. Product sustainability, price, and durability are anticipated to be the key factors impacting the buyers’ decisions. The product is broadly available in retail as well as online platforms. Moreover, its installation necessitates expertise and specially trained employees for optimal results. Therefore, key industry participants are also focusing on after-purchase services. Some players have various established contracts with domestic installers to expand their geographical presence. The COVID-19 outbreak had a significant impact on trade and industry. The government directives and tight enforcement of the lockdown and other pandemic-curbing practices caused a disruption in the supply chain and demand for products and services.
Paint Protection Film Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global paint protection film market on the basis of application and region:
Paint Protection Film Market – Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq. Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Automotive & Transportation
- Electrical & Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Paint Protection Film Market – Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq. Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Paint Protection Film Market
- KDX Composite Material
- 3M Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Premier Protective Films International
- SWM, Inc.
- XPEL, Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corp.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- 72″ Paint Protection Film Market – The global 72″ paint protection film market size is expected to reach USD 20.6 million by 2027 registering a CAGR of 4.0% from 2020 to 2027, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing product demand from the automotive & transportation, aerospace & defense and a few other application industries is expected to propel market growth. Moreover, growing demand for lightweight products from these sectors is expected to be a key driver for the market.
- Polyvinyl Alcohol Films Market – The global polyvinyl alcohol films market size is expected to reach USD 551.59 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2021 to 2028. Sustainable packaging is in high demand on account of its ability to aid in the reduction of landfills and compliance with stringent regulations related to packaging. In addition, sustainable packaging solutions have gained importance on account of safety, performance, and convenience in the packaging of products.
- Plastic Dielectric Films Market – The global plastic dielectric films market size is expected to reach USD 1.39 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to be driven by growing product demand from renewable energy system and electrical and electronics industry in the Asia Pacific (APAC). The product is widely used as an insulating material in various electrical and electronics applications.