The global zirconia based dental materials market size is expected to reach USD 364.3 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth is due to the characteristics such as high mechanical and biocompatibility of zirconia material, rapid rise in the geriatric population, and increased outsourcing to dental laboratories for customized prosthetic solutions.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The zirconia dental disc segment held the largest revenue share of 62.0% in 2020. Zirconium dioxide material is five times stronger than porcelain and is highly durable. When a patient is allergic to metals, zirconia frameworks are a great option
- The dental crowns segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020
- North America dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 38.0% in 2020. The major drivers of the growth are technological advancement and increase in the number of individuals opting for dental procedures
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period due to the expanding elderly population, rising dental tourism, increased number of dental laboratories, and growing outsourcing of many manufacturing services in the area
Read 110 page market research report, “Zirconia Based Dental Materials Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Zirconia Dental Disc, Zirconia Dental Block), By Application (Dental Crowns, Dental Bridges, Dentures), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
Zirconia, commonly known as zirconium dioxide, is a white crystalline oxide of zirconium. It is a ceramic oxide that may be produced in a variety of hues. Zirconium dioxide is recommended as a dental material because it is chemically inert. Zirconia dental goods have numerous advantages, including natural and white color, excellent fracture toughness, hardness, and wear resistance. zirconium dioxide is used in dental crowns.
Zirconium dioxide is five times more powerful than porcelain and more durable. As a result, it is a better alternative for patients who have difficulties such as crushing their teeth, biting their nails, and chewing their gums excessively, contributing to market growth. Zirconia has been used in prosthetic dentistry to make crowns and fixed partial dentures using computer-aided design/Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) methods.
The introduction of new technology systems, as well as novel materials such as zirconium dioxide, into the educational curriculum created new difficulties. Thus, the rapid appearance of a large number of materials causes a shortage of professional employees with sufficient training, resulting in a rise in working time while expenses remain high. Zirconia, in various forms, has been used to replace metal-ceramic restorations since its discovery as a dental material. It is apparent that the use of ceramic-zirconia restorations over metal-ceramic restorations is more appropriate owing to biocompatibility and the look is as near to real teeth as feasible.
Grand View Research has segmented the global zirconia based dental materials market based on product, application, and region:
- Zirconia Based Dental Materials Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Zirconia Dental Disc
- Zirconia Dental Block
- Zirconia Based Dental Materials Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Zirconia Based Dental Materials Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
List of Key Players of Zirconia Based Dental Materials Market
- 3M ESPE
- GC America
- Huge Dental
- KURARAY NORITAKE DENTAL INC.
- Glidewell Laboratories
- Dentsply Sirona
Browse through Grand View Research’s Coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry.
- Dental Implant Market – The global dental implant market size was valued at USD 3.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.0% from 2021 to 2028
- Dental Bone Graft And Substitutes Market– The global dental bone graft and substitutes market size was valued at USD 663.2 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% from 2021 to 2028.
- Dental Laboratories Market– The global dental laboratories market size was valued at USD 32.08 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports